Colleen | Blessed Are the Feet
Last week, I shared that that the month of October is the month the Church dedicates to the Most Holy Rosary and also to remember the missions around the world and the missionaries who serve them.
And I also began sharing about the missions rosary. In this rosary, each decade is prayed for one area of the world, the needs of its people, and the Church’s missionary outreaches in that area. One decade is recited for each of the following areas: Africa, Oceania, Europe, the Americas and Asia. This week, we will continue praying that rosary, adding the meditations for the next two decades.
We will also continue to pray for the missionary intention for the month, chosen by Pope Benedict XVI–World Mission Day: That the celebration of World Mission Day may result in a renewed commitment to evangelization.
We began with Africa last week and this week move on to the Americas and Europe.
Lord, bless your children living on the Americas, in every North, Central and South America and in the Caribbean islands – in the suburbs and the inner cities, in the high mountains and on sun-kissed shores, in warm family homes, in cold lonely mansions and in garbage heaps and orphanages, in the rain forests and jungles and in the streets of the cities. Show us, Lord, how to live in such a way that those who have much are always a blessing to those who have little. Bring an end to the blind consumerism and progression that oppresses and enslaves our brothers and sisters. Open our ears to Your Word, Father and our eyes to one another, help us to see how you would have us live as your children, one family. Heal the hearts of orphans, widows and refugees and find them a place to call home. Accompany always, Lord, those living in poverty – those who lack not only food and resources, but love, hope, faith and fellowship. Protect those who live in violence, fear, neglect and slavery, Sweet Savior. Lord, move my heart for the brothers and sisters who share my home. Help me to pray fervently that they will all come to call you Savior and be baptized into the hope of eternal joy, and that those who already know you will rise up to serve you will zeal. Send missionaries to the poor and the broken and those losing faith, Father, missionaries who meet them where they find them and love them, walk with them until they are home with you. And, Lord, open their ears to your calling, and raise up an army of missionaries who will bring the Good News to their next door neighbors and to the ends of the earth. May You be glorified in the Americas now and forever. Amen.
• First Hail Mary: For the nations of North America
• Second Hail Mary: For the nations of Central America
• Third Hail Mary: For the nations of South America
• Fourth Hail Mary: For the Caribbean islands
• Sixth Hail Mary: For slaves and trafficking victims, orphans and widows, the homeless and the hopeless in the Americas
• Seventh Hail Mary: For those who have dedicated themselves to a life of service to Christ in the Americas and for many missionaries to go out from the Americas to serve and bring the Good News
• Eighth Hail Mary: For the rich in the Americas who live in selfishness and blindness, for the rich who do not realize their wealth, for the rich who live in hopelessness, despair, addiction and pain
• Ninth Hail Mary: For protection for the Americas from natural disasters, especially the most vulnerable of her peoples
• Tenth Hail Mary: For the conversion of hearts and the constant revitalization of the Catholic faith in the Americas
• After the Glory Be: St. Francis Xavier, patron of missions, pray for us.